I read a total of 10 books last year; almost one book per month! I started the year with reading the last book of the 1Q84 triology (Haruki Murakami), a story that I loved so much! Another book I really loved is Jo Marchant’s Cure: A Journey into the Science of Mind Over Body, it was so well written and so so so interesting! I really recommend this book, by the way. And then, I finally started reading the Earth’s Children books by Jean M. Auel. Actually, the second and third book of this series (there are six in total) have been standing in my parents’ bookshelf since the 80s but haven’t been read since now! So, I asked my mum about those books, and she said she also wanted to start reading them but that we had to get a hold of the first book (The Clan of the Cave Bear) for starters. So we did, and we found them all on second hand! Anyway – wow – I love these books so much! It’s just such a great story… Right now, I’m on the third book but my mum has already finished the entire series, lol.
Below is the total list (in order after date of completion) + my rating.
- 1Q84 by Haruki Murakami (5/5)
- The Vegetarian by Han Kang (4/5)
- The Perfume by Patrik Süskind (4/5)
- Cure: A Journey into the Science of Mind Over Body by Jo Marchant (5/5)
- Fat Chance by Robert H. Lustig (3/5)
- The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho (4/5)
- Emotional Intelligence by Daniel Goleman (3/5)
- The Clan of the Cave Bear by Jean M. Auel (5/5)
- The Valley of Horses by Jean M. Auel (5/5)
- The Mammoth Hunters by Jean M. Auel (5/5)